The legal grounds for using your data
According to privacy legislation, we have to say what 'legal grounds' we have to use your data. We need information from you because of the contractual agreements between you and The Fight Company, such as your purchase of a product or your right to warranty. This is the case with:
- To order
- Return & Warranty
- Contact our customer service
- The Fight Company Affiliate Program
In addition, we can use your data in the case of 'legitimate interest'. This means that we want to provide all our customers with the most optimal, personal service. We always think about your privacy. This is true for:
- Reviews & customer satisfaction survey
- Contact our customer service
- Visit of the website
- Newsletter & email
- personal advice
- Social media
- Personalized advertisements within other media
We may also have a legal obligation to use your data, for example when we suspect fraud. And sometimes you have given us permission to use your data, such as when you sign up for the newsletter.
Who has access to your data?
We only pass on your data to other parties if this is really necessary for our services. This concerns these parties: delivery partners, suppliers, product support, payment partners, trade information agencies, IT service providers and parties that collect our reviews. After all, our delivery partner must deliver your order to the correct address. Parties such as data management platforms, media and advertising agencies and research agencies come into the picture as soon as we want to give you personal advice or show you targeted advertisements, for example based on your interest in certain products. In suspicious situations, we are obliged to share customer data with government authorities.
The parties that receive access to your data from us may only use it to provide you with a service on behalf of The Fight Company. Unless they are responsible for obtaining and protecting your data. Some cookie developers have access to the data that cookies collect on our website. We never sell your data to third parties.
Where is your data stored?
We store your data in various databases. We always use strict security measures. Your data is almost always stored within the European Union. In the exceptional case that customer data is transferred to countries outside the European Union, we ensure that your privacy remains protected in an appropriate manner. This has been officially established for a number of countries. Some US parties have registered under the Privacy Shield that provides adequate protection. Whether we work with official model contracts that have been specially prepared to guarantee your privacy.
How long do we keep your data?
We do not store and use your data for longer than necessary. We will then delete all data we have about you. Or do we use your data anonymously, because we need certain data for internal analyzes and reports, such as the value of your order.
Sounds simple, but how does that work in practice? We adhere to certain terms, after which we delete your data. Here they are:
- By default, we delete recorded telephone conversations after 30 days, unless we have a legal obligation to keep a conversation for longer.
- We do not store camera images from our stores for longer than 4 weeks. Unless we see something suspicious that we need to investigate further or the images need to be kept longer due to another legal obligation.
- We delete inactive customer accounts after 7 years. After that period, we only use your data anonymously, for internal reports.
- The tax authorities require us to keep our administration with your invoice, payment and order details for 7 years. After that, we only use anonymous data for internal reports. You must also keep the invoices of your purchases well, for example when your warranty expires.
- If you have your product repaired or replaced by The Fight Company, we will keep your report and contact details for 7 years. After that, we only use your data anonymously, for internal reports.
- If you have registered for the newsletter or have given permission to receive personalized messages, we will keep that permission for 5 years. Even if at some point you decide that you no longer wish to receive the newsletter or personalized messages, we will save the withdrawal of your request. We do not store the e-mails you receive from us for longer than 60 days. So you don't have to worry about getting the same email from us more than once. After that period, we only use your data anonymously, for internal reports.
- We keep data that we use to prevent fraud for a very long time. Not nice, but necessary.
What are your rights?
Of course you remain in control of your data. Would you like to have free access to your personal data and receive a copy? Or do you want to change or delete your data? No problem. Send your request by email and we'll make it right.
Unsubscribe for the newsletter is so beep. You can do this via the link at the bottom of the newsletter itself.
We want to make sure that you really are you. Therefore, we may request additional information from you to establish your identity. We also do this for unclear requests.
Who is responsible for your data?
The Fight Company handelt vanuit TFC Trading Group B.V.
Chamber of Commerce number: 83630562
VAT identification number: NL862940369B01
Call: (085) 06 06 340